Our clientele of printing and paper converting machine builders are constantly pushing the limits with their design platforms. Increasing press speeds, improving accuracy and faster format changes often require adding servo technology to gain more functionality at various stages of the process. This trend introduces new challenges for the mechanical power transmission aspects of each piece of equipment.
Faster line speeds mean more challenges handling ambient heat which translates over to various mechanical components. Our gearbox design minimizes heat generation and allows our customers to run at higher speeds continuously to meet their throughput goals. A wide range of frame sizes and ratios are available to maximize operating efficiency for varying cycle speeds.
Nidec Drive Technology Corporation has extensive experience and knowledge developing robust solutions for the following machinery and applications:
- High speed flexographic or narrow web presses and finishing systems
- Slitters, cross cutters and rotary knife assemblies
- Roll feeders and wind/rewind stations
- Core, tube or corrugated board cutting and printing
- Tissue, napkin and diaper converting lines
- Hot melt coating and dispensing modules
- Web guiding and tensioning systems
- Commercial, digital, screen and wide format printing
- Flatbed die cutters, laminators and gravure systems
- Roll handling and automated palletizing/stacking systems