The VRT series sets the new standard in applications requiring extremely high torque density and rigidity. Its compact design and robotic industry ISO flange is ideal for equipment requiring high speed, high precision indexing movement and streamlined installation. The remarkable torsional stiffness and ultralow backlash combine to provide outstanding positioning accuracy.
This product comes standard with <3 arc-min backlash, but is also available with reduced options down to <1 arc-min. The VRT is the most robust planetary solution in the marketplace and is used across a numerous range of applications including 7th axis robot shuttles, dial tables, end of arm tooling and any other axis where installation space, reduced assembly time and torque density play an important role.
Available Frame Sizes: 047 | 064 | 090 | 110 | 140 | 200 | 255 | 285
- Carburized, case hardened helical gears with proprietary secondary finishing process for higher accuracy and smooth, quiet operation
- One piece output shaft and planet carrier with two robust tapered bearings straddling the planet gears. Higher radial/axial load capacity, stiffness, torque density and safety factor, with guaranteed alignment of gearing
- Uncaged needle roller bearings provide excellent torque density and torsional rigidity
- Unique labyrinth input seal design greatly reduces heat and increases system efficiency. IP65 protection is available for wash down applications
- Optimized mounting system with active centering on motor pilot diameter guarantees alignment of motor. Motor can be installed in any orientation
- True concentric motor shaft clamping connection, optimized for your specific motor. Reduced inertia for dynamic performance and balanced for high speed operation
- Ring gear machined directly into the housing, not welded or pressed in. Provides greater concentricity and elimination of speed fluctuation
*1) Motor mounting code varies depending on the motor. Use the selection tool link below to configure the code.