Opportunities at NIDEC-SHIMPO
Let us guide you towards your new career.
NIDEC-SHIMPO is a friendly, Multicultural Working Environment with Equal Respects to Teamwork and Individual Achievement.
NIDEC-SHIMPO provides a competitive compensation package to attract and retain valuable, long-term employees, including the following: competitive salary, full benefits package including, health and dental insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, life, and long term care insurance, vacation and personal days, 10 paid holidays, company matched 401(K) plan, health club reimbursement, and employee assistance program.
NIDEC-SHIMPO AMERICA CORPORATION is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Resumes can be submitted to: Human Resource Department
Full-Time Exempt Position: Regional Sales Manager
The overall responsibility of the person in this position will be to develop and expand business opportunities with OEM, distributor and strategic end user accounts within an assigned territory. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for meeting and exceeding targeted sales volume for the entire portfolio of power transmission products offered by NIDEC-SHIMPO, with emphasis on the high precision servo product families. This strategic position requires the ability to manage and grow a large geographic region, and to influence buying decisions at different levels of an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (ME or EE) or Marketing/Business Administration combined with at least three years of industrial automation sales experience.
- Demonstrated success in developing a territory and achieving sales goals. Three or more years of direct sales to large OEMs and motion control distributors.
- Strong technical background in the motion control industry, including the function and usage of servomotors, precision gearboxes and/or other ancillary motion control products.
- Solid understanding of servo system sizing (mechanical and electrical), with the ability to guide a customer to the best solution.
- Eagerness and desire to work with the startup of a fairly new product line.
- Dedication to increasing sales and improving profitability by developing positive business relationships.
- Strong planning and organizational abilities utilizing modern technology—preferably a paperless approach to organization. Ability to multitask and prioritize customer requests, completing them in a timely manner.
- Fluent English both spoken and written; good communication skills. Ability to interact with persons of all levels of staff and management and diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistency.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Willing to learn new software (CRM, ERP) as needed.
- Use of discretion, judgment and confidentiality as required.
- Promote sales of the high precision gearing product line in a defined geographical territory, with emphasis on finding and developing new machine builder accounts. Travel roughly 40% of the time.
- Increase market share and exceed established sales targets by calling on a select group of OEM, distributor and strategic end user accounts. Maintain a high level of activity through phone, email communications and in-person meetings in order to retain visibility throughout the assigned region.
- Establish and grow relationships within prospective clients’ engineering, purchasing, sales and management organizations. Continuously assess and communicate how NIDEC-SHIMPO can meet their needs.
- Develop and implement a strategic sales and marketing plan for the region. Determine appropriate channel strategy for short and long term projects based on size and scope. Prioritize A, B and C accounts based on present and potential dollars of revenue/profits, cost to sell and service and probability of success.
- Identify and qualify legitimate sales opportunities. Negotiate pricing, delivery, warranty and other contractual terms and conditions as part of a commercial sales proposal. Collaborate with internal engineering resources on opportunities requiring a solution outside of the standard offering.
- Responsible for learning all NIDEC-SHIMPO and competing products and their target applications as needed for conducting effective sales activities.
- Represent the company at various trade shows, conferences and distributor events. Provide training where necessary.
- Evaluate major issues and opportunities relative to products, quality, service and performance, offering alternative solutions for both directing and support functions. Manage channel conflicts within the region.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials, including presentations, product literature and web content to obtain maximum exposure to the target market.
- Advise the channel and company management on market conditions.
- Complete timely and accurate reports, including key account activity, sales forecasts, quote pipeline and expenses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly sit and move from place to place, and use hands to finger, handle, or tough objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, kneel, crouch or crawl and reach above shoulders.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, usually waist high, such as lifting luggage while traveling.
- Required to use close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high places and fumes or airborne particles.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Temperature in the work environment is usually within the range of 60 to 75 degrees.
- Considerable amount of domestic and limited international travel for company business will be required, requiring travel via self-driven vehicles, public transportation on land and in the air.
- National Sales and Marketing Manager
Compensation and Benefits
At NIDEC-SHIMPO we see employment as a reciprocal relationship; one where we set high standards for those who work here, but also recognize and reward our team members for their contributions in the form of various company benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD and LTC Insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Monthly bonus program
- Paid vacation and personal time
- Paid holidays
- Employee Relations Events
- Health club membership reimbursements
If you possess the passion and enthusiasm to bring an extraordinary experience to customers and work in a high energy team we want to hear from you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.