- STANDARD WARRANTY. With the exception of shaft seals, which is a normal wear item, Seller warrants that the products manufactured by the Seller to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and proper maintenance for the following:
VR, EV Planetary Products: 5-years
ER Cycloidal Products: 2-years
EJ Servo Worm Products: 5-years
• EJM Servo Worm Products: 2-years
RXC sizes 02–90 (excluding electrical products): 2-years
RXC sizes 91–98 (excluding electrical products): 1-year
ST Rotary Index Tables: 1-year
WP Strain Wave Products: 1-year
- a. If within such period any product shall be proved to the Seller’s reasonable satisfaction to be defective, such product shall be repaired or replaced at our option. The Seller’s obligation and Buyer’s exclusive remedy will be limited to such repair or replacement and shall be conditioned upon the Seller receiving written notice of any alleged defect no later than thirty (30) days after its discovery within the warranty period.
- b. Shipping terms for any repaired or replaced product will be FOB shipping point unless negotiated otherwise. If necessary, Seller reserves the right to inspect the product claimed to be defective at Buyer’s location or place of installation. Travel time and expenses for any Seller service personnel provided to Buyer’s premises to aff ect such repair or replacement will be at the Buyer’s expense. Seller reserves the right to satisfy our warranty obligation in full by reimbursing the Buyer for all payments made to Seller and Buyer shall thereupon return the product to Seller.
- c. These warranties shall not be effective if the product has been subject to overload, misuse, negligence, or accident, or if the product has been repaired or altered outside of Seller’s factory or authorized control in any respect which, in our judgment, adversely affects its condition or operation. Buyer shall establish, to our satisfaction, that the product has at all times, been properly assembled, installed, serviced, maintained, tested, operated and used in accordance with the current maintenance and operating instructions of Seller and has not been altered or modified in any manner without our prior written consent.
- d. The Seller’s warranty obligation shall not be effective for components or products here under where the product 1) is consumed by normal wear and tear, 2) is consumed by an application that was above the rated capacity, and 3) has a normal life that is fundamentally shorter in the length of time than the standard warranty as outlined, here under.
- e. No extended warranty will be offered on wear items unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Nidec Drive Technology Corporation management at the time of the sale.
- f. Descriptions or representations of the products provided by the Seller’s employees, sales representatives, and distributors, regardless written or verbal, should not be construed as an expressed or implied warranty that would supersede any element of this standard warranty. Expressed or implied warranties are acceptable but only on a case-by-case basis as determined necessary by the Seller. A separate expressed or implied warranty must be provided in writing and confirmed by Nidec Drive Technology Corporation management in order to be valid at the time of sale.
- g. THE STANDARD WARRANTY AS DESCRIBED HEREIN SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED RELATED TO THE SELLER’S PRODUCTS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS, AND SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ANY OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITY ON THE SELLER’S BEHALF.