The Circulute DI Series has mounting and output shaft dimensions that are equivalent to another competitor’s cycloidal gearbox design. The DI Series is available in base mount configurations, and it can be directly dropped-in to replace the other common brand without any modifications required to your mounting plate.
The DI Series has the same design features that make the cycloidal an excellent choice when a high torque density and the ideal choice when requiring a robust gearbox in a compact package. The DI Series is offered in a number of different ratios and available in frame sizes ranging between our A – E frame models. The DI models can be built and supported from our local kit build facilities throughout North America – so contact NIDEC-SHIMPO when you have that immediate need and cannot wait for the other manufacturer’s lead time.
Model Codes | Selection Procedures | Performance Specifications | Dimensions
Selection Procedure for Induction Motor Applications
- Determine the load classification from the Load Classification Table.
- Select the Circulute 3000 Reducer service factor from the Service Factor Table (below) for the application taking into consideration the load classification, duration of service, and type of prime mover.
- Calculate the required reduction ratio by dividing the input shaft rpm by the required output shaft rpm.
- If selecting the reducer by HP, determine the design HP by multiplying the motor HP by the service factor. If selecting the reducer by torque, determine the design torque by multiplying the required load torque by the service factor.
- Select the Circulute 3000 Reducer frame size from the following Selection Performance Specification Tables, making sure that the catalog rating exceeds either the design HP and/or design torque.
- Select the required input type from the Model Codes.
- Select the required mounting type from the Model Codes.
- Select the required mounting position from Model Codes.
- Check the overhung and/or thrust loads on shafts if connected to the load by either a sprocket, sheave, pulley, or gear on the following Dimensions.
- Configure the model number, noting any unusual operating or ambient conditions. Contact NIDEC-SHIMPO Customer Service for questionable items, or applications assistance.
Service Factor Table
|Prime Mover||Duration of Service||Load Classification|
|Uniform (U)||Moderate Shock (M)||Heavy Shock (H)|
|Electric Motor||Occasional: 1/2 hour per day||0.50||0.50||0.80||0.80||1.25||1.20|
|Intermittent: 3 hours per day||0.80||0.80||1.00||1.00||1.50||1.35|
|Up to 10 hours per day||1.00||1.00||1.25||1.20||1.75||1.50|
|24 hours per day||1.25||1.20||1.50||1.35||2.00||1.60|
|Multi-Cylinder Internal Combustion Engine||Occasional: 1/2 hour per day||0.80||0.80||1.00||1.00||1.50||1.35|
|Intermittent: 3 hours per day||1.00||1.00||1.25||1.20||1.75||1.50|
|Up to 10 hours per day||1.25||1.20||1.50||1.35||2.00||1.60|
|24 hours per day||1.50||1.35||1.75||1.50||2.25||1.70|
|Single Cylinder Internal Combustion Engine||Occasional: 1/2 hour per day||1.00||1.00||1.25||1.20||1.75||1.50|
|Intermittent: 3 hours per day||1.25||1.20||1.50||1.35||2.00||1.60|
|Up to 10 hours per day||1.50||1.35||1.75||1.50||2.25||1.70|
|24 hours per day||1.75||1.50||2.00||1.60||2.50||1.80|
Note: AGMA service factors shown are the American Gear Manufacturers’ recommendations for conventional gear reducers.
Miscellaneous Engineering Information
The ambient operating temperature range of the Circulute 3000 Reducer is from 32oF to 104oF (0oC to 40oC). Contact NIDEC-SHIMPO Customer Service if operating conditions fall outside of this range.
The standard backlash option is approximately 1° (60 arc-min). The precision backlash option is less than 0.1° (6 arc-min).
Direction of Rotation
The input shaft can be rotated in either direction. For single reduction reducers, the output shaft rotates in the opposite direction of the input shaft. For double reduction reducers, the output shaft rotates in the same direction as the input shaft.
All Circulute 3000 reduction ratios listed in this catalog are exact.
The high efficiency of the Circulute 3000 Speed Reducer results in thermal ratings which exceed its mechanical rating in all cases. Therefore, it can be run continuously at any of the input speeds in this catalog.
Table 1 Input Shaft Thrust & Overhung Load Capacity (lbs)
|Frame Size||Load Type||Input Shaft Speed (rpm)|
Notes: Overhung load ratings are based on the load being applied to the center of the shaft.
Ratings shown are based on a combined overhung and thrust load being applied to the shaft.
Output Shaft Overhung Load
When a sprocket, sheave, pulley, or gear is mounted on the output shaft or on the input shaft, an overhung load is applied to the shaft. It is necessary to check whether the shafts of the reducer will allow the required overhung load.
Overhung Load Calculation
Table 2 Load Connection Factor: Cf
|Type of Connection||Factor|
|General Purpose Chain||1.00|
|Machined Gear, Pinion, or Syncronous Belt||1.25|
Table 3 Output Shaft Overhung Load Capacity (lb)
|Frame Size||Output Shaft Speed (rpm)||Constant Factor|
|40 & Below||50||60||80||100||125||150||200||250 & Above||K1||K2|
Notes: These ratings are based on thrust load = 0.
Contact NIDEC-SHIMPO Customer Service for applications which have combined overhung & thrust loads.