Compact, Modular Wheel Drives
NIDEC-SHIMPO has earned a solid reputation within the robotics sector as the leader in high volume, high precision, gearbox and motor technologies. Our deep partnerships and long history within the industry have given us extensive expertise at developing wheel-drive transmission assemblies for AGV’s and mobile service robotics.
Utilizing our strong expertise in mobile robotic applications, NIDEC-SHIMPO has developed a modular OEM drive wheel package offering. We leverage the large variety of high-volume BLDC motors manufactured by the NIDEC Group that offer low-rotor inertia, fast dynamic response, and high torque in order to deliver the most compact wheel drive solutions for each customer’s application.
- Extremely compact, in-hub planetary design
- Bearing and internal structure are ideal for applications with a maximum radial load capability up to 799 kg (1762 lb)*Drive wheel only
- Standard design utilizes a 200 W or 400 W BLDC NIDEC motor with either 9:1, 21:1 or 28:1 reduction ratios
- Available options such as encoders, thermistor temperature output or a brake can be added to the moto
- Ancillary items for mounting the wheel drive, housing the control, or cable management are available
SU Series Drive Configurations
|Output Torque||36 Nm||42 Nm||56 Nm|
|Motor Wattage||200 W, 400 W||200W, 400W||200W, 400W|